Applications Wanted for Our Board of Directors
Call for Board Members
Do you care about the health and wellbeing of youth?
Are you concerned about sexual health issues?
Are you pro-choice?
Do you have 6-10 hours to volunteer each month?
Planned Parenthood Toronto (PPT) is a fully accredited community health centre that provides primary health care services to youth 13 to 29 years as well as health promotion programming, education, training and research to improve the health and wellbeing of Toronto’s diverse communities. We are currently seeking dynamic, committed, bright, community-oriented individuals to join the Board of Directors.
If you have any of the following qualities, we are looking for you:
- A desire to learn more about policy-oriented Boards
- Familiarity and/or affiliation with LGBTQ communities & issues
- Familiarity and/or affiliation with BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) communities Familiarity and/or affiliation with people with disabilities
- Commitment to equity, youth-positivity, sex-positivity and pro-choice philosophy in your work or life
- Experience or knowledge of sexual and reproductive rights
- Experience with nonprofit finance from a board governance perspective
Please submit a letter of interest, a Resume or CV to email@example.com by12:00 pm on May 15, 2017
Planned Parenthood Toronto is a pro-choice community health centre that advances and advocates for the sexual health, health, and wellbeing of youth.
Planned Parenthood Toronto is committed to being an agency that values and reflects the diverse communities of Toronto. We recognize that:
- Equity is different from equality.
- Equity is access to inclusive, high quality, programming and services that respect your choices.
- Equity is ensuring that community input informs what we do and guides us to take action for social change that benefits you
We encourage youth (18-29 years old) to consider applying.
People from racialized communities are particularly encouraged to apply
PPT is committed to the principles of equity and ensuring that our recruitment practices reflect the people, needs and desires of Toronto’s diverse communities.
PPT is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We regret to inform that PPT is not a wheelchair accessible space.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that ex-employees and volunteers of PPT must wait one year before applying to become a board member.